Monday 1 July 2013

I Honestly Don't Know What to Call this Post

I wonder what's my source of inspiration. Haven't been feeling the urge to write for some time now. Writer's block, again? How many times a year do I need to find myself standing in front of this magnificent wall? UGH!!!

For some time now, the days have gone without me sharing the joys I feel with someone who once meant a lot to me-- not that he doesn't matter at all now, just that... He wouldn't want to be of significance to me anyway. 

"Oh, I went to see them run today-- my friends. I didn't even know Qi Shun could run that fast! Got second place in the event!" 

That was something I would have said last Saturday night if things aren't the way they are now. I'd have told him how tired I was, who fainted, how I cut myself some slack under the morning sun and which of his friends were there with their bulky DSLRs acting like professional photographers. That, would be something that should never happen again. A surreal reality that--once in while-- makes me lose myself. 

It's fun to believe in things that don't exist, like Santa Claus or the Tooth Fairy. Belief, it's what keeps people happy as it's like a thread of warm sunlight in this dull society of hopeless individuals. I believe in Santa Claus.

If only we all could see the world through a child's innocent eyes, then it would certainly be a better place. We'd find wonder in everything we see, even the little dust that floats in the air or the beetle that crawls in the dirt would seem marvelous. 

I'm waiting for the pink phone to start ringing.

It doesn't seem to come, his call.

Speak of the devil...






No comments: