Friday 23 June 2017

Temporal Men

What I'd been missing for a long time was a connection with whom my burst of poetic sensitivity would please the hour before bed, and the moment after sunrise.  At one point during our short-lived encounter, you told me... What does it matter what you had said, if they were but perfunctory courtesies of an uneventful exit.

Composing good morning and good night texts is one of my favourite pastimes. Especially for the designated one who I am able to bond with through sensitivity and letters. Leider nicht, ich habe niemand gefunden.

I tried again, with this one, of exceptionally meagre words. To say the least, none was appreciated, and I had only succeeded in knocking over a full bottle of confusion over his head.

Happiness is only a one-night affair if more than a one-night affair was what I sought. How did it become a month-long affair when the initial plan was to hit, miss, and run? I cannot be the only one who feels as though we should have been satisfied with the very first encounter and kept its shock in a shell as a vivid reminer of Spring mistakes. Greed has now made us indifferent to the beauty of that night's sky, lit by the explosion of a thousand blooming flowers.

He is not the one, that much I know.

You could have very well been the one. Though I can now say that I finally understand the pain that had cut your heartstrings.

The new moon is the body made of unfulfilled dreams. Together in the void, our vast silence of heartache recuperates while the storm brings a rain to moisten our spent dreams. Ah, I wish you could reach my soul as you have my heart.

No comments: