Tuesday 19 December 2017

ウルトラタワー ULTRA TOWER: One of my Favourite bands, so please, LISTEN!

It is unusual that my selfish existence would take time off my idle schedule to blog about matters concerning the real world. Today, I'd like to recommend one of my favourite Japanese bands to you who is here. Am I in a good mood to do so? Not quite. The fact that nobody listens to them enough irked me to the point that I thought I'd at least write about them and make whoever is reading listen to them.

食戟のソーマ, Shokugeki no Souma, 食戟之灵, or Food Wars-- have you watched the anime? Then you must be familiar with its first OP theme, 希望の唄 (Kibou no Uta), Song of Hope. Having been chosen as an anime (a well-known one too!) OP theme, this song is of course widely available on the internet and illegal download sites but ignorant Weaboos, they often don't even credit the original band. Hmph. Since I realise that not all of you watch anime, and even if you do you might not have watched Shokugeki, here is Ultra Tower's most famous hit:



Empowering songs are often not to my liking, but I love shouting 生まれ変わる!今ここで!仰いでいた空超えて行く!握り締めて掌のその中に希望があったんだ~!whenever I'm in the car. 

The next two songs are my personal top two favourites from Ultra Tower. Trust them to have more sentimental value with lyrics that stab you right in the heart. 



The first time I heard Rin, my heart ached and even though I couldn't fully grasp the lyrics, I wanted to cry. If you must know, it is a song on unrequited love. 


Between Rin and this one, which do you think is better? The title translates to The Leftover Snow in Spring. 

Next up, we have HELLO, my number one before I discovered the rest of their songs. If you're wondering where I dug for their songs despite their obscurity, I bought them all on iTunes. 



It's a cute song, isn't it? We're almost done! So far, I hope you've enjoyed listening to their music. 


A little relaxing song called On an Idle Night, the Rain Falls to thank you for making it this far. 

If you like them, consider buying their songs through iTunes! Some other songs I like but couldn't really find on YouTube include Sayounara and Fiction. But please, just preview everything for yourself and decide~ 

iTunes link:  https://itunes.apple.com/jp/artist/ultra-tower/298383358?l=en

Oh, just one more video. It's their cover of Spitz's Unme no Hito which I think is better than the original version. 





At the end of it all, they disbanded last March. Unfortunately, the bands Reicheru really treasure from the bottom of her heart are all no longer active, like Oasis. At least they'll be with me forever, so long as I don't lose my devices. 







No comments: