Thursday 29 March 2018

Adulting.

As an adult, there are so many things that I've forgotten how to do. They say the older the wiser, but with this wisdom, I've lost the skill of expression.

8AM on a Wednesday morning, the sun is in my eye, and a teardrop trickles down my cheek. It's a beautiful morning, to be driving to university, while crying.

Crying alone, this seems to be the past time of most adults. Why not cry together, like when we were kids? Is it necessary to put away the thoughts that make you sad, and compress your feelings further into your packed chest, just because you are an adult who is expected to act the exact opposite way of how a child would?

Dad left for work this morning.

I used to cry, while hugging him. Not alone in my car after he's left. Where, how, has my honesty gone?

I wonder if he's disappointed in us too. We  didn't even tell him we love him, nor spent too much time with him during his leave. The Chinese New Year ads start to become reletable, now that we don't stay at home anymore.

"Neveerrr will I be like those people who don't go home!" but I turned out worse than them.

Ah, I have to wipe away all these tears and make my way to class.

No comments: