Wednesday 14 November 2012

Sickness.

At four in the morning today, the stabbing pains in my stomach woke me up. I tossed and turned in bed, mumbling that I'm sick to my sister. I woke her up to feel my temperature, and true enough, it was higher than usual. I went out of the room, shivering, and saw my cousin in the hall. He too, was sick.
Last night before I went to bed, I was stressed out. I could feel my eyebrows touching even when I fell asleep. I really don't want to go to Thailand on the 28th and so I thought to myself "I wish I could fall sick near that date so I don't have to go..."
My wish-granter failed me again but my wish somehow came true. I woke up with a high fever and a turning belly.
This time is the worst case of illness that I've gone through. In the past, fevers were nothing and I could still walk about and continue with my day. Today however, I couldn't move at all and whenever I stood up, I would vomit. All I did was lie down and shiver, calling my sister's name ever so often when I needed something. I haven't eaten anything today, just drank. My aunt helped me to scrape my back with a 20cents coin and some Chinese medicine to get rid of the hot air inside my body. I admit I felt better after that, but my head still hurt and my stomach was still being stubborn. I put a patch of Cool Fever on my forehead. Within minutes, it turned hot.
It is sad that in the afternoon, my sister got down with a mild fever. My other cousin too caught a fever.
I thought about my boyfriend and how much I needed him then. So I called him... I was really sad when there wasn't even a hint of worry in his voice. I cried. I wanted to tell him that I'm suffering, that I needed him by my side to take care of me since I was so weak that I couldn't do anything at all. I remember one time, he was sick and I stayed by his side albeit I wasn't much help, I kept him company. I guess I can't blame this busy college student... It can't be helped.
I really want my grandma to be here. She'd massage me and take care of me 24/7. I called my mum and pleaded her to come, but she just shouted at me. It hurt a lot. Much more than the boyfriend who didn't give much attention.
Oh god... I... I feel like puking

1 comment:

toozgx said...

Not to sound mean, but, deadlines. And you called in the library...