Thursday 30 January 2014

New Isn't Always Better

My laptop sure knows when to die on me. During my months of idleness, with absolutely nothing to do at home while I wait for my wretched SPM results to be announced and ruin my life, it left me to face the pink, lavender walls of my room alone.

As usual, I am blogging from Shiro-San's five inch screen. Virtual keyboard, taking half the space of my blank page, vibrating with each tap... Touchscreen, It takes the life out of everything.

I wish they would stop making everything touchscreen these days. You know what really grinds my gears? That even laptops are slowly turning tablet-like, with touchscreen functionality, detachable from the keyboard to actually make them into a tab. Really, people? I want a freaking laptop, not a tablet! Something else that frustrates me is that new laptops run on Windows 8.

New doesn't mean it is better. Stop making laptops touchscreen and run on Windows 8! Frankly, nobody likes it.

I own an Android. I look at it every single day. My eyes, they don't always leave the screen, probably even fixed on it for more than half my day. I get tired of it. The touch, the look, the feel. I can't possibly live with a laptop that works like a smartphone. Swipe to unlock? Fuck you, Windows. Stop wasting my time. Sliding to unlock my phone every thirty seconds of inactivity is annoying enough. I sure as hell don't like the application grid either!

It's always like this, looking for a new laptop. It feels as if I am picking a life partner, which I sort of am. It has to be perfect for me, from the design to how it runs. We all know I am going to be bias, when it comes to technology. Sony will always be my first choice, considering I am a fangirl, and their designs are unrivaled. It's not hard for me to pick something that works right. I am not a hardcore gamer, and what really gets me going are just point and click hidden object games. Either that, or those classic, Japanese-style RPGs like Aveyond. I am girl after all.

Chinese New Year has arrived. I am not expecting a whole lot of ang paus this year, but I hope I can get a few hundred dollars, at least. Even though I do have enough cash in my bank account to buy a laptop, I can't withdraw everything at once! I should start looking for a job after my four days at Kenneth's. Sony isn't exactly generous when it comes to its price.

I am not getting a Mac. Kill me if I do.

1 comment:

toozgx said...

Asus to go, give it a look.