Wednesday 4 January 2017

22 Days of Independence: Log #2

Ahh, I treated myself well today.

A long smooth drive singing Jay Chou songs to the airport, bid good-bye and shed some tears. It's funny how being there did not evoke any sort of emotion within me. I thought that I'd at least think of the first time I laid eyes on you and how I'd cried, smelling you. However, I did want to wait by the arrival hall to watch other people. That, I did not do, since I didn't have my journal with me.

On the drive home, I changed destinations: it's about damn time I watched Rogue One! I put my choices on the scale, between coming home and spending quality time treating myself to an outing. It's been a while since I last ate properly.

I believe I treated myself a little bit too unnecessarily, I'm afraid. I ended up at M.A.C, never intending to spend because of the lovely prices they charge, but walked out after swiping RM169 off my debit card. Pray the force shields my parents' prying eyes.

Again, I was asked if I was local. If the damned employee at KFC can serve me in Malay then bloody hell people can tell I'm Malaysian! Ahem. It never ceases to amaze me how my identity crisis affects not only myself but the people around me as well. Does an aura of confusion tail me? Tell me.

Donnie Yen's English was better than I had imagined. I expected another 5-minute cameo of a Chinese man whom they all fooled us would play a major role *cough*nowyouseemetwo*cough*

Partly, my movie choice of the day was influenced by you. Weren't you the one who wanted me to watch them all so I could understand your Star Wars jokes? Now I suppose I'm ahead of you and am capable of making Star Wars jokes that you will yet to understand. I am one with the force and the force is with me. I am with the force and the force is with me. Iamwiththeforceandtheforceiswithmeiamwiththeforceandtheforceiswithmeiamwiththeforceandtheforceiswithme

Without you, I feel light. Free and light. After all, a whole life worth of responsibility has just been freed. At dinner, I sat alone looking at the walking masses, some hand in hand, yet I felt nothing. I used to have you on my mind and felt the weight of my love, but not anymore. If I may say so, I felt I could breathe again. The world is plainer now. With your departure, my emotions have also left.

I actually have a question for Tom about the advertisements for new TVs on normal screens. If they boast about such 'crisp shadows' and 'vivid colours' that 'come to life on screen like none that we have seen before' then what are we actually seeing in the advertisements? I mean if they can show us the difference with a normal screen, then what's the point.

Being weightless is enjoyable once every four years, I suppose. I wonder how long it will be before I yearn for you again. I don't think I've ever stopped yearning, I'm just glad to be on my own.

Ahh this break we're having is proving more beneficial than I initially thought! Even just on day two, I've realised some important aspects of our relationship:

  1. We take our devotion to each other for granted because we are over-confident about the fact that we will always be there for each other.
  2. Even after close to four years of being in love, all we want is still just to be with each other.
  3. We've run out of ways to show our appreciation for each other because we still say "I love you" everyday.
  4. Our relationship has never been bad! We're inexperienced and just don't know what makes a good relationship and what makes a bad one. 
  5. A break once in a while to re-evaluate our relationship is necessary since we'd learn to appreciate each other more when we realise how much more complete our lives would be together. 
That said, I love you.




No comments: