Wednesday 27 July 2011

Mashed Potato... FAIL

Now that the stupid trials for stupid PMR is almost here, tuitions are cancelled. While they expect us to study on our free days, I use my time to laze around and cook something I feel like cooking.

Today, I finally got my lazy butt up and made mashed potato.

It was... Not much of a failure, but it wasn't very successful either.

The potatoes were smooth and golden, like ice-cream... But... When it came to the gravy... DISASTER...

I thought it would be easy. You know... Oil, flour, water, salt, and stir... Oh well, like always, I didn't bother to measure properly how much to use, and the gravy turned out all... Floury... You could still see some chunks of flour sticking out here and there. My maid suggested that I add in STARCH FLOUR... To make it all sticky and stuff, and so I did. Although it LOOKED nice, it certainly did NOT taste the way it looked. Desperate to make the tasteless son of a bitch have some taste, I just grabbed a spoonful of salt from cupboard and threw in HALF the salt. Stirred it for a minute, and another taste... PUUUIIIK! SALTY SON OF A BITCH! After that... I gave up and added the gravy to the lovely mashed potato.

Once I mixed the potatoes and the gravy together, it turned out okay. The sweet sweet potato, with black pepper, basil and parsley, haa... I think I forgot how the gravy tasted. Mm hmm~

Okay... I cannot be a chef next time. And... Oh boy... I think I can't cook for my children either! AHHHH! What if they get food poisoning? O_O

Oh well...

Not to say that I suck, I'm better at cooking than most people xD and of course, I can confidently say that my cooking is better than my mathematics. Uhuhu.

My God... I have had enough potatoes for a week, even though I didn't finish what I made, I'm already stuffed. The power of potatoes. Potatoes are great for diets, mm hmm, starch doesn't digest easily, your tummmy can have a work out when digesting. Ehehehe.

My maid must be torturing me on purpose, she just told me that she is gonna cook POTATO SOUP for lunch tomorrow. Grr... I'll eat out...

I'll be making pasta next round. Hees, and that will be my second time~ First time making spaghetti was a success! YES!

I used to hate pasta, but now, I just feel like having it everyday. I can't wait to taste the tomatoes~







MemeMeRachel_1814

No comments: