Friday 19 May 2017

By the Sea

T. Batik

I drove along the road deserted by many after the days of their childhood to hear of the water's loneliness as it swallowed the shore in its sorrow.


I.
The crashing waves remind me that rage only becomes regretful foam that begs for gentle forgiveness. 

II.

Voices of a storm that threaten us from the echoes of breaking waves are but hollow cries of a pride too proud to acknowledge its wounds. 

III.

Receding tides of the sea: a representation of unrequited feelings creeping home to the deep of my emotions.

IV.

To the child of a man whose sweat and tears travel along the rolling waves, the wind that carries the salt is like the unspoken love of a father. 

V.

I can sit for hours and listen to the waves rage, because in their wailing, my love for you drowns. 

VI.

海の涙、風で来た。

No comments: