Tuesday 2 May 2017

Sinking Cocobolo

Since that day, it has already been decided. Whether or not I was conscious during the moment my heart was removed, the fact that it is no longer mine remains the same. Its departure is here to remind me of an emptiness brought on by the impatience to confront the future-- audacious, for one who does not wield the powder to even see through a day.

Stepping on the toes of one who in the first place was not to cross my path, I have meddled again with the patience belonging to the seamstress of fate. Just when I have loosened the last noose she had tightened around my neck, filling  my lungs with the air of a dignified pride, happy, I fall into a delirium that leaves me equally trapped:

Let us bleed together as we drag each other through this garden of thorns without roses. The union of our blood will carry me down its steady stream, back to where my heart beats. There, on its lone island of fancy, I shall sleep with it and sink back into the sea of indifference, becoming nothing more than a myth.

And so the second day of May begins. Only 29 days left before the door closes and the memory of me echoes like the faint click of a disappearing lock.

No comments: