Friday 5 May 2017

Much Unnecessary, Very Love

You know, when you say you love me and walk close to me so that our sleeves may touch, I actually think that you love me, as a woman and not just a friend. Am I overthinking, again? Your innocence doesn't allow you to love me any other way, I'm sure of it, but I can't help but wonder sometimes if you would forsake your faith just this once. Of course not. You have never missed one Sunday since.

Please, I do not mean to say that I am unhappy with your words. Only, they hurt me in a way they should not, as if you are teasing me with hope that you feel the same way. Maybe, just maybe, you see my desires too.

I'm sorry. I didn't intend to trouble you with my confession. If I could be as shameless when it comes to clinging onto somebody physically, I would have hugged your delicate arms a long time ago. I would do so, but we both know I'm far too proud. It would be unnatural if I linked my arms with yours the next time we go out.

Always the couple seat, but never a couple. Please lean a little closer next time.

Love,
Rachel

No comments: