Saturday 29 December 2012

Ava

.Ava.

She smiled at me,
she came to me.
Asked for my name she did, 
called out my name she did.

Her eyes were the colour of the deep blue sea,
they looked into mine,
asking if I'd stay.

So close to me,
her smile was lovely.
Cheek to cheek,
she was wrapped around me.
Light as a feather,
my sweet Ava.

I was happy.
I was sad.

We would never meet again,
that I knew.
I couldn't say,
I knew too.

Time has come for me to leave,
yet she seemed so happy with another toy.

Indeed,
I was another toy,
for sweet little Ava.

I bid her farewell,
we would never meet again.
A hug;
I never looked back.

Water and sunshine on a summer's day,
ten days later she will forget;
ten years later she will change.

Like the breeze in summer
it was quick,
it was pleasing,
it would be forgotten.







1 comment:

Aik said...

I like the element of surprise. Keep up your good work!