Thursday 20 December 2012

Sushi & Tattoo, with an Emo End

With a roll of sushi in my hand, I'm blogging the afternoon away. I don't know what happened, but ever since that Saturday night after Sushi King in Sitiawan, I've been craving for sushi. It isn't easy for me since the sushi here kind of suck and they're expensive! But what to do? If I don't satisfy my need for Japanese food, I can't sleep at night.

I almost got a tattoo today! I was walking down the street, heading back to uncle Kelvin's apartment when these tattoo artists called out to me. One of them was Thai, while the other was a white guy covered in tattoos. We chatted a bit, where I'm from and stuff before they invited me inside.

Honestly, how old do I look? Because when I told them I was only 16, both of them buried their heads in their hands and went "shit... only 16" since legal age for almost every fucking thing is 18. The Thai guy said that when he was my age, he followed his mum everywhere and she was always saying no to this, that and everything! Is traveling alone really such a bold thing? I don't see how it's special and how you need to be brave to do so. I'm not brave, I just like being alone.

Thai guy invited me inside to have a look at the designs anyway, and really, I WANTED ONE! Flipping through the designs, I realized that I hadn't ask for the price. One hundred Aussie; minimum charge. Fuck it, I thought. A drawing no bigger than my thumb would cost so much? No thank you, I'll get a tattoo when I'm back in Sitiawan.The other dude suggested that I tattoo a flower somewhere, but nah, a flower is the last thing I'll get! I prefer symbolic drawings; planning to get the Celtic trinity knot in the future.

While I looked at the designs, Thai guy chatted more with me. Apparently, he doesn't know what marching band was. He Googled it and I told him about the competition in Thailand. The guy was surprised when I told him that the Thais are actually pretty good at it, which made me wonder, did he leave the country and make little of his own people? Ah, can't blame him, if it were me and people were talking about Malays being good at something other than being pigs, I'd be in a state of disbelief as well.

Oh... I'm down to my last piece of sushi, spicy grilled chicken! Okay, time for green tea.

How much is a bottle of Lipton back home? It's $3.95 a bottle here! And it tastes like dishwasher!

All in all, I have but one thing to say: Zongxu, I think you're the only one who thinks I look young. Either that or westerners have the mindset that Asians are older than they actually look.





I want to call out your name,
But it feels so wrong.
     I long for you,
When I know it's wrong.
I think about you;
Still thinking about you...
    How long would it take
                        For me to stop dreaming of us?
I don't want you to turn away
But there's nothing I can say to make you stay
I don't want to let you go...
      I'm still holding on
           Though I should just let go
Goodbyes have been said,
You left without a word or a wave...







No comments: