Monday 20 May 2013

Music of the Night

Music or the ambient sounds of nature and the community?

It's not a bad thing to leave the music player indoors once in a while. I've been so immersed in the music composed by man that I almost forgot how beautiful mother nature sings. In this era, you wouldn't just hear the sounds of cicadas and the rustling of leaves alone. The cars zooming down the main road a mile away, the sounds of heavy trucks passing by on the road that leads to the burgeoning iron works nearby and the laughter of children from next door. It's a new kind of music... Such contrast, the natural surrounding and everything that's slowly killing it yet in the night, they blend, making it sound like everything's indeed calm and nothing is wrong.

Up above, thunder roars above the clouds. Down below, crickets and cicadas call out to their mate. The neighbours have gone inside, laughter of the children have died down while my dogs are whining, hoping that mum would come home soon. Once in a while, a lizard would speak, and another one far away would click its reply. Insects are surrounding me, biting me--the source of their food-- even though I have insect repellant smudged all over me.

The stars are out tonight, the moon is only half full yet its reflective light is already enough to illuminate the dark, star-filled curtain of the night.

I see lights blinking.

Tonight, I am making an exception. Today, I'm letting go all of my frustrations and yes, through these eyes of mine, everything is beautiful.

The artificial glow from the power plant nearby, the smoke emitting to the sky... For now, these are apart of my picture, the picture of how beauty can exist in the most unimaginable form.

I love you. I will continue to do so. Once in a while, tears would stain these blacken apricot-coloured tiles.

No comments: