Sunday 23 April 2017

Moonchild

Under the glow of the starless sky, I brought you home, my child. Vowed that I would love you and give you the life you deserve for the rest of your days, in a space that's wide, with the seeds that you adore. 

How you run around and climb around, body touching the ground, an unlikely escape artist-- you surprise me, and you pee on me. Mama loves you. Mama loved you. Everyday, Mama would announce her return and hope to hear your little paws push away the cushions and come to your senses: Moonchild, Moonchild, Moonchild! As if you would understand Mama's happiness and worries as you gleefully accept sunflower seed after sunflower seed pinched between Mama's fingers. 

Sometimes, I wonder if you did. 

Stroking you, I'd tease you, say I'd stop feeding you. Oh, whoever said my child is overweight! Nonsense! This lovely boy must not starve. 

いい子ね、月子ちゃん~ママは大大大好き~いい子供ね、月子~

Even the Moon that once took pity on me has called her child back to her side. Is it time to become whole, alone? Where you would watch, with her grace, how my love for you can be born again as the love for myself. A death such as yours, can only mean that I am unworthy of giving love and being loved. If only I had closed the door, you'd still be running on the wheel. 

Your eyes that were always closed are now blank with fear, wide open in death.  

No comments: