Sunday 13 May 2012

The Devil Inside

Damn it, I was totally fooled!

This is my second post today, sorry! I know you're fed up of seeing me pop out on your reading list, but hey, at least think of this as me making up for the six months of emptiness =p

I just finished watching The Devil Inside, and I must say, I got fooled =/

It was great at first(because I thought it was real), but when I did my usual after-movie research, I found out that it wasn't a true story; it was just based on a FEW events, and that made me go... Fuck it, I'll never trust trailers again. Oh wait, I already don't trust trailers... But still, I fall for the 'BASED ON A TRUE STORY' every fucking time!

I didn't watch it alone though. Grandma, Lisa and I cramped in my small queen bed, looking at my 15.5" laptop screen wide-eyed only to go "HUH!? THAT'S IT!?" after an hour and half of uneasiness. There was no climax!  The feeling was like this: you're masturbating, and you're almost reaching orgasm... When you're nearly there, someone walks in on you, making you stop and lose the sensation... I'm sure that you can imagine how much it sucks now =)

But still, the make-up and the stares of the possessed were enough to creep me out. I actually ran to my mum's room with a toothbrush hanging from my mouth during the toilet break. Grandma had to answer the phone and Lisa didn't wanna pee in my bathroom... I started feeling paranoid after a minute of brushing... SO YEAH... And well, the nightmare I had last night made me even more insecure!

Since we're talking about the movie The Devil Inside, I might as well tell you about The Devil Inside My Dreams.

So... My subconscious is VERY scared of elevators, and hotels. Every time I go to sleep and awaken to the scene of a hotel in nightmare realm, whether I like it or not, I have to use the elevator, and I always... and I mean always, will have a little encounter with the devil...

Last night's was the worst I had so far... And surprisingly, EVEN GOD SHOWED UP! Jesus Christ literally saved me...

I'll tell you what I remember, so here it goes...

It was raining in the city, people in suits had their briefcases above their heads, running everywhere, seeking shelter. With my mum's Gucci in hand, I arrive in front of this giant building; the hotel we're supposed to stay in. My parents, sisters and brother were in our room, and for some reason, I wasn't with them. At that time, it was like I had just finished running an errand.

The hotel lobby was crowded, wet people were almost everywhere! Some of the bell boys seemed unhappy, I don't know why, so I just ignored them and skipped to the place where the elevators were. I pressed the up button, it glowed with a faint orange light, and a young boy came to wait beside me. We made eye contact for a moment, I smiled.

I felt a sense of unease, because I knew that something was bound to go wrong... Elevators... Hotels... They are just too familiar! But I stood there calmly, waiting patiently for the doors to open. I wanted to run, but instead, I swayed and hummed a tune while my feet froze in place.

Ding, the doors slid open. I hesitated. The boy looked up at me, and went inside. I stared at him for a moment, before realizing that it was time I went inside. I leaned my body forward, and my thumb pressed the button marked four, a pale orange glow indicated that the elevator knows my destination. The boy was going to level five.

The shiny doors moved horizontally, shutting us in, my heart thumped, and I prayed that it will be a successful trip...

1
.
.
.
2
.
.
.
3
.
.
.
My hair stood, I felt nervous and scared... If it doesn't... Stop...
.
.
.
.
.
.
No! This can't be happening again!

As the elevator skipped past the fourth floor, the boy and I glanced at each other nervously, we both knew that we were in deep shit.
.
.
.
5
6
7
.
.
.
The elevator rose up with increasing speed, it made me sick, and there were millions of butterflies fluttering in my stomach. A sinister laugh filled the air, and I almost cried... I knew who it was... I knew what was happening... After all the times I've encountered this, I still couldn't escape this fate...

Ding, the doors casually slid open, like nothing was wrong. Clouds were what I saw, and a blue space surrounded us. The elevator was no longer a box, it had turned into a transparent space. For a second there, I thought I was safe...

"MUAHAHAHA! WELCOME! YOU'LL NEVER ESCAPE! AHAHAHA!"

I scream my heart out. I wasn't safe. AT ALL.

The little boy started reciting verses from the bible. I couldn't do anything... I stayed close to the boy... He kept chanting, asking me to help him out. I felt humiliated because I didn't know ANYTHING! I don't know why, but I started beating the transparent walls, talking in gibberish. The boy grew frustrated because of the way I acted, and asked me what was wrong... But I felt too embarrassed to tell him that I don't know anything, and everything that came out of my mouth was... Air... He couldn't understand me... I became desperate and tried using clumsy sign language, but I guess that just made me look like a chimpanzee, because, the boy gave up understanding me.

Out of the blue, a pole and an exit appeared. The boy's face lit up and he made a run of it, holding onto the pole, the grinned at me and said "see ya!". My jaw dropped, the fuck did that come from, I wondered. That was the least of my worries, the beast is just a few steps away from the door! God damn it! How could that Christian boy abandon me like that!?

"YOU'RE MINE NOW! I'VE WAITED A LONG TIME FOR THIS DAY!"

I retreated to a corner, my hands shielding my head like it was actually gonna protect me. I prayed... I shouted... I begged... "God! Please... SAVE ME! HELP ME! I beg you! Please... Just... Rescue me! AHHHHH! Lord, please... Save me... Save... Help me!" I was crying.

"AHAHA! DO YOU THINK THAT YOU WILL BE SAVED!? HE WILL NEVER COME! YOU'RE MINE NOW!"

As evil continued to near me, I heard a warm, loving voice...

"What are you thinking? My dear, don't think that you're not worthy of my love... You will always be. Now go, run!"

"F-F-Father...?" I almost couldn't believe it. He came... He... Actually... Came... For me...

"NO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING!? ARGH! YOU CAN'T RUN! YOU CAN'T! YOU'RE MINE! YOU'RE MINE! YOU ARE MINE, YOU PIG! COME BACK! YOU CANNOT ESCAPE ME!" The angry voice boomed behind me.

I couldn't see my savior, but he was there. Again, he told me to run.

The surrounding area was no longer a fake sky, it was a stairway. I looked back, and saw a red figure coming at me, I froze, but the voice told me to hurry and save myself... I didn't take the steps one by one, my legs were shaking... Heck! I wanted to get as far away as possible! I didn't use my feet! I climbed over the railings! Jumped my way to safety! Behind me, or above me, I could still hear him say : "YOU WILL NEVER ESCAPE! YOU WILL BE MINE ONE DAY! AHHHHHHHHHHH!"

...
...
...

I heard the humming sounds of my air conditioner... A few words escaped my dry lips: "Zongxu... I'm sorry... I think I believe now... He... He came... To my aid... Xu... I..." Darkness was what followed.

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Did that seem like a horror story? Haha, I'll share more of my disturbing dreams next time, okay? One dream in one post is enough!

Oh shit, I better come back into reality! I have an exam tomorrow, and I still don't know shit! Ah, well... Sleep is more important after all! I guess I'll just read someone else's reference book tomorrow. What the hell am I sitting for tomorrow anyway!? Gaaaah! I'm screwed!

Goodnight, and do tell me the face you see your classmates make tomorrow, okay? ;]

I'd love to write my thoughts about my nightmare, but alas, time won't allow it. Do comment if you can? I'll feel really lonely when nobody comments. Haha, sweet dreams!


Hade bra~!









No comments: