Thursday 11 October 2012

Alienware M14x or hp Pavilion dv4?

Finals have officially begun!

I have never felt anxious about exams because I already know my outcomes. I know what I can do and what I can't; I just live with it unlike SOME people I know who try to memorize as many answers as possibly just so they'd get good grades.

Anyway, instead of fretting of my grades like a normal Asian should, I'm more anxious about getting a new laptop. I have two choices in mind right now: Alienware M14x and hp Pavilion dv4.

Alienware M14x

  • 3rd Generation Intel® Core™ i7-3630QM Processor (6MB Cache, up to 3.4GHz w/ Turbo Boost 2.0)
  • Windows® 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit (English)
  • 14.0" (35.56 cm) WLED HD+ (900p) display (1600X900)
  • 8GB2 Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
  • 1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive
  • 2 GB GDDR5 NVIDIA® GeForce®GT 650M using NVIDIA Optimus™ technology
  • Slot Load 8X DVD+/-RW Drive with DVD+R double layer write capability
  • 2.92kg

Alienware. Gaming laptop. It's about RM5000, which makes me cry since I can't afford it and that my parents will be like this when I tell them I want a new laptop worth half a thousand:


Of course, the main reason why I even considered it was because it's a gaming laptop. Perfect for RPGs, great graphics and decent sound; it's all I need in a laptop. Since I only play offline, I think it's a waste for me to get this laptop. I have very low self-esteem and I'm not very good with people so I can't battle online, I'd panic if something goes wrong and I- and probably the rest of the players- would blame myself when my team loses. 

Tell me that a girl like me shouldn't get a laptop like that because it'd just be wasting. 



Operating system
Windows® 7 Home Premium 64
Processors
Intel® Core™ i5-3210M
• 2.5 GHz
Chipset
Intel HM77 Express

Memory, standard
4 GB 1600 MHz DDR3 (1 x 4 GB)
Memory slots
2 user accessible


Graphics
NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)
Hard drive description
750 GB SATA (7200 rpm)

Compared to M14x, seeing Pavilion dv4's processor speed at 2.5 GHz makes my heart ache a lot. This looks like your average laptop; plain, boring. It is affordable though, about HALF the price of M14x. My parents would consider getting me this laptop if I asked them since it's only about RM2500. If I work hard and be stingy enough, I could even save enough to buy it!

Tell me to get this one, since it's something a girl like me should have: plain, affordable, plain. 

Ah, I need some comments... I'm always indecisive like this. I really want M14x, but if I think about it economically... T^T BUT I STILL WANT IT...! Anyway, give me your opinions. 

I will not be able to sleep tonight, I'm sure of it. I'll be tossing and turning in bed, thinking about which laptop I should get and how I can earn money fast enough to get myself the one I want. ~!@#$%^&*()_+ It's exam month too! 

Unless my current laptop 'accidentally' falls out my room window, I don't think that my parents will listen to my proposal for a new laptop. Hmph. One time, my siblings and relatives even signed a petition asking dad for an air-conditioner in the hall and he just looked at our signatures, said "meh" and went back to lazing around. 

I can't complain much. My parents are already kind enough to buy me an air ticket to Australia as a gift for my 16th birthday. Asking for a new laptop when they've already spent so much is kind of rude and bratty... Hmm... I guess I'll do enough part-time jobs and earn as much as I possibly can; here's the ironic part of things: my mom doesn't want me working part-time yet she complains that I spend too much of dad's hard-earned money. 

It's late. 

Leave your comments! or just talk to me when you see me. 


No comments: