Wednesday 8 March 2017

Vulnerability in Life's Game

Ryuuk, why do you stare at me so from your place atop the table? このゲームは面白いですか。私の人生のゲーム。

It is as if you would answer me if I stared at you too. But of course, the answers I seek never seem to be spoken, not even once. Perhaps there are no answers to the questions I'm asking, questions that I haven't given voice to, only shape. Breathe and I let out a long sigh, as heavy as the howl of a dog who has never known disloyalty.

Now we are caught again in the middle of the week, a time where it's too early to retire but too late to lament upon. Mittwoch, あの不思議の日。

How come you never made use of it and now you want to?

I don't. I only have a quest I need to complete. 


During a time where bonds were sustained by the energy emitted by hope, a mental fortification ensured the indestructibility of that bond. Such security and confidence led to its fine demise, for when the light of hope got overshadowed by the reality of how we live, that bond wasted away in the dark, having lost its life force. Anduin's Lightwell no longer shined upon it as in his eyes, it was no longer just.

Fallen from grace, one can no longer expect to live as carelessly as the Gods. Nor can one expect sacrificial banquets to be burnt in one's name. Humility has been cast, and so has Equality-- from feared Legends reduced to mere parasites that die with the flick of a finger. Either annihilation finds its way to you next, or you build yourself up again, never reaching the skies, but never too weak to fail.

How come you never made use of it and now you want to?

Because my divine shield has been silenced, though the will to emerge victorious still burns.



No comments: