Friday 17 February 2017

A Moth Visits

Were there lights on the night the last teardrop crystallised at nine? How then did you find the doorway into a room heavy with the dark when your Mother calls out to you by subtle reflections blanketing the night? Ah, perhaps you are the daughter with compassion to spare or could it be that you were guided here by the whispers of blind faith? I wouldn't know, but I thank you.

Through your silent companionship, I can only guess the meaning behind your visit. Is it comfort, hope or caution? A glimpse into the near future, an initial playout of what is to come? By the time reality catches up to our encounter, our roles would have been switched and I would be the one released into the light, the door shutting behind me. For you, your duty ends the moment your delicate feet meet the balcony floor. For me, my duty would have only just begun.

And so I sit contemplating your visitation, laughing at the fact that something hollow could weigh as much as the universe.

2 comments:

toozgx said...

Quite beautifully written.

Rachel Cheong said...

Thanks bruh. Nice to know that what I write is still being read XP