Friday 17 February 2017

Tunnels

Down the slope and into the tunnel:

"Ahhh! I love tunnels!"

"No way, me too!"

"Seriously? I thought I was the only one."

And we discovered what else we have in common even after a decade.

"Whenever I enter a tunnel, I feel as if I'm being transported to another world."

"It's magical, isn't it?"

And we nod.

"My friends think I'm weird for being obsessed with tunnels."

"It's OK, we're here for you."

And the excitement continues.

"Especially if the lights are orange."

"True."

And through the tunnel we go, in awe.

"My favourite tunnel is the SMART Tunnel. It's soooooooooo long, I absolutely love going through it. Even if there is no need, I still go through it. I just have to."

"I've only used it once... Twice, maybe?"

"That's why we're friends."

And we laugh.

Then we come back to reality, leaving the ochre glow of the tunnel in the rearview mirror.

No comments: